Throughout the process Forever Legal will we clearly explain the fees from the outset. If for any reason they are any additional cost we will always talk to you first before proceeding. We strongly believe that a clear and transparent attitude towards fees is a must. That’s why all of our fees are a set amount for tasks required and not charged by the hour or per email/letter. This way you have the comfort of knowing what you are going to pay and not be charged more if we take longer to complete the work.
Below is an example of our fees and if you want to discuss our fees before instructing us please feel call us on 0344 245 2500
Client account set up and reconciliation
For account balancing and completion payments we charge a fee of £35.00 (plus VAT).
We will not make a payment to anyone else.
Land Registry documentation
We charge a fee of £15.00 (plus VAT) to obtain and review documentation from the Land Registry incidental to your equity release. The following documents and searches are included within this fee:
1. Official copy of register of title
2. Official copy title plan
3. Official copy of documents referred to in the register of title including lease (if applicable)
4. Bankruptcy search
5. Land Charges search
6. Search of index map
Transfers of ownership including assent of the property by personal representative*
We charge £300.00 plus VAT in cases where a transfer of property ownership is required.
*This does not include fees associated with applying for grant of representation
We charge £250.00 plus VAT in cases where first registration of the property is required.
We charge £35.00 plus VAT if we are required to write to any other occupier at the property.
We reserve the right to charge additional fees as stated below, plus VAT, for dealing with any of the following:
- £100.00 for Leasehold properties.
- £100.00 per additional charge(s), removal of first charge included in standard fee above
- £100.00 for removal of historic charges.
- £150.00 for issues relating to the removal of cautions, restrictions, notices and similar interests registered against your property title.
- £150.00 where this is a shortfall of over £2,000.00 between the amount being borrowed and any amount outstanding under a present mortgage secured against your property.
- £150.00 for cases where solar panels are present at the property.
- £100.00 for repeat appointments, when required due to changes by client only.
- £250.00 for dealing with a Power of Attorney.
- £250.00 for dealing with Buy to Let property.
- £50.00 for amendments to property title.
- £50.00 for removal of a deceased owner from co-owned property (where property held as joint tenants).
Additional Charges on a case by case basis
We reserve the right to charge additional fees where there are occurrences of the below. These are charged on a case by case basis and you will be informed in writing of these before any work is carried out:
- Matrimonial affairs where we are required to correspond with solicitors or other representatives or associated parties in relation to previous or ongoing matrimonial proceedings which affect your property ownership.
- Deed of Variation.
- Lease extensions.
- Freehold purchases.
- Adverse possession applications.
- Transfer of part of title.
We may have to pay out for expenses (we call them disbursements) on your behalf, this may include but is not limited to Land Registry registration fees, property searches. We shall advise you if this is relevant during your transaction together with any costs.
It may be the case that an issue arises relating to a defect in the legal title or you may be unable to provide relevant documentation such as planning permission or building regulation approval for works undertaken at the property. In this case you may be asked to provide indemnity insurance for the benefit of the lender. This will be a one-off payment payable on completion. We shall advise you if this is relevant during your transaction together with any costs.
We charge a fee of £25.00 administration fee for this service.
Forever Legal gave Mr and Mrs Jones the chance to Experience new things by releasing the equity in their Home they can now travel to visit their extended Family around the world.
Striving to be different in the legal sector by making customer real and not just another case number.